PhD University of Hawaii
MS Michigan State University
BSc Carleton University
His current research projects are:
- Protecting Guam’s cycads from damage and destruction by two recently arrived insect pests: the Asian cycad scale and the cycad blue butterfly
- Development of trapping methods for monitoring and controlling scarab beetles Rhino Beetle PDF
- Development of optical instrumentation for automated monitoring of flying insects
As an extension entomologist, Dr. Moore identifies insects, provides pest control recommendations, and is an active member of the Guam Invasive Species Advisory Committee (GISAC) and the Western Plant Diagnostic Network (WPDN). He maintains a website at GuamInsects.net to share information on local insects.
Aubrey Moore is currently involved in the following Fields of Study:
Articles about Aubrey Moore:
- Department of Defense Collaboration for Butterfly & Snail Survey
- Scent of a Coconut Tree
- University of Guam Researchers Help Hawaii
- UOG Explores Possible Bio-control for Guam’s Rhino Beetles
Publications by Aubrey Moore:
Marler, T.E. and A. Moore. 2010. Cryptic Scale Infestations on Cycas revoluta Facilitate Scale Invasions. HortScience 45:837-839.
Mankin, R.W., A. Moore, P. R. Samson & K. J. Chandler 2009. Acoustic characteristics of dynastid beetle stridulations. Florida Entomologist 92(1): 123-133. http://www.fcla.edu/FlaEnt/fe92p123.pdf
Moore, Aubrey & Robert L. Barber 2007. Wiki-Based Extension Fact Sheets. Journal of Extension [in press].
Moore, Aubrey and Joaquin Tenorio. 2006. Our Island's Insects & Their Relatives; & Integrated Pest Management. Edited by J. Furey. In Island Ecology & Resource Management, Saipan: Northern Marianas College Press.
Williams, D. J., P. J. Gullan, K. Englberger, and A. Moore. 2006. Report on the scale insect Icerya imperatae Rao (Hemiptera: Coccoidea: Margarodidae) seriously infesting grasses in the Republic of Palau. Micronesica 38 (2):267–272. PDF
Moore, Aubrey, Thomas Marler, Ross H. Miller, and R. Muniappan. 2005. Biological control of cycad Aulacaspis scale on Guam. The Cycad Newsletter 28 (5):6–8. PDF
Moore, Aubrey & Ross H. Miller. 2002. Automated identification of optically sensed aphid (Homoptera: Aphidae) wingbeat waveforms. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 95(1): 1-8. PDF